Rose Colored Cynicism

Sheena Rice is a student/activist living in glamourous Bozeman, MT. This blog is meant to deal with her cynicism and jadeness as well as possible. The views expressed here are hers and do not reflect any group that she belongs to. E-Mail Sheena at swmontanadem@gmail.com

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Shelter v. Prada

Tracy V. has come up with the idea to forgo our Pork money, since their are higher priorities right now, and I have been thinking about it a lot, and I first had to establish what pork is. Is it necessary, does it serve any specific function besides getting politicians re-elected? Yeah it nice, I mean as I was cruising around trying to find a parking spot in dowtown Bozeman, a parking garage MAY have come in handy, but so what? I don't need it, I am surving without, and from the amount of people I see in dowtown Boz. it is a safe bet that it is surviving without a parking garage.

Richmond, Indiana is going to receive $3 million for a new hiking trail because of pork too. (Do not even get me started why a hiking trail is going to cost $3 million.) Do the folks in Richmond NEED this trail? And if so, do they NEED it the way the citizen of New Orleans NEED their homes rebuilt? I guess they could. I mean in all honesty the citizens of Richmond could be suffering due to their lack of hinking. The suffering could be so bad, that they can't eat and decide to live on the streets. I don't know, I live in Bozeman, so I don't realize how the hiking situation is in Richmond. But I do know the parking garage situation in Bozeman and its ridiculous. There are many other things way more important for Bozeman to have, say I don't know, some relief for this winter when heating bills are projected to rise by about 70%.

This is not the time for this country to be wasting money. If this was a situation facing a family, and their choice of buidgeting was between paying their mortgage so they have somewhere to live, or buying a whole new Prada wardrobe for the entire family, what would tbe smart choice be? Hmmm, that is a head scratcher. Shelter or Prada?? Hmmm.

The bottom line is that America is LOUSY at budgeting. Our representatives do not know the first thing about prioritizing, and now is not the time to be buying parking garages, or trails or god knows what else is out there. We are at war and our Gulf Coast has been almost wiped out. What should the priorties for America be??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home