Rose Colored Cynicism

Sheena Rice is a student/activist living in glamourous Bozeman, MT. This blog is meant to deal with her cynicism and jadeness as well as possible. The views expressed here are hers and do not reflect any group that she belongs to. E-Mail Sheena at swmontanadem@gmail.com

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Two Days Left

...........until election day! I have to say I'm a little disappointed by this race, but almost elated with it at the same time. While its missing any sort of spark or controversy to get people interested, I feel almost relieved that I don't have to give my blood, sweat and tears to this election.

I am confident in the three candidates that I am supporting (Becker, Jacobson, and Rupp) as they were endorsed by the Comical today, and have an excellent GOTV procedure backing them up. I live in a good high traffic area for politicians, and have not seen or heard anything from the other three candidates.

This race is so critical (even without the drama that say are coming with the Billings elections) because Bozeman has a chance to get things right. If Henyon, Hietala, and Smith are elected I'm afraid that it will be more of the same. Taking sides, not spending enough time to debate the issues, secrecy, and business favortism. When you read their responses to questions or listen to them at a forum, they do not even attempt to come up with solutions or answers.

Becker, Jacobson, and Rupp on the other hand have great ideas, are open to new ones, are not afraid to make tough choices, nor are they afraid to actually get something done. I am sick to death of the current commission and their lies and their bullshit. I want new leaders who will break with tradition. That is why I am voting for Becker, Jacobson, and Rupp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home