Rose Colored Cynicism

Sheena Rice is a student/activist living in glamourous Bozeman, MT. This blog is meant to deal with her cynicism and jadeness as well as possible. The views expressed here are hers and do not reflect any group that she belongs to. E-Mail Sheena at swmontanadem@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

It's almost over now.....

One week left until the city commission election. As most of you Bozemanites know there are six candidates and three seats open, and oddly enough it has been a pretty quite race.

Here are some quick tidbits and my perspectives on the race:

Jeff Rupp- I expect him to get the most votes, as he has been endorsed by numerous organizations and community leaders around the area. He is (admittedly) one of the more liberal candidates, but he was also endorsed by the Chamber of Commerce, so he is liked by both sides. I am supporting Rupp as he knows how to get stuff done, and he is not afraid of a little conflict if it means coming to the best solution.

Sean Becker- The youngest candidate, he is also one of the brightest. He has helped on the economic standpoint of many important policies in Montana, in fact he was a key figure in the Big Sky on the Big Screen Act.

Kaaren Jacobson- While some may say she is too intellectual (she was a professor in the Political Science Dept. for many many years here at MSU) she knows public administration and she knows how the system works which is a huge advantage.

Erik Henyon- Has lived in Bozeman for four years, and while I think he is very charismatic and a very very nice guy he is 1. too conservative for my taste, and 2. way too arrogant for not really knowing the dynamics of Bozeman yet.

Lee Hietala- Again WAY TOO conservative, and he has also made some very poor decisions on the commission, and in my opinion as the sole incumbent in the race, a big part of the problem with how the commission is operating right now.

Dawn Smith- I really liked her when I met her, and if I could vote for a fourth candidate I would as I agree with most of her ideas, and I think she would be an excellent commissioner.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home